Championship Meet is Here!
What an exciting weekend! Our first ever Williamson County League Championship Meet. Here is the information you need to know.
The Garges have volunteered to set up our team area tonight. We are planning to have 2 tents set up near the round about. If our team area changes due to availability, we will let you know. Please bring a blanket to set on the grass.
Every swimmer should be wearing their team suit. Please pack a team cap, at least one pair of goggles (2 is recommended), 2-3 towels, sunscreen, plenty of fluids and healthy snacks. Please label everything!
Kona Ice and Chik Fil A will be available.
There is also a Championship Meet T-shirt vendor, if you swimmer would like a meet souvenir :)!
Here is the link to the Heat Sheet. Once the window pops up, please scroll to the bottom of the page. There will be a heat sheet attachment, along with a time line. Please print a heat sheet. Swimminglyfan app will not be sending notifications.
Please note that the timeline is not accurate because they will combine many of the relay heats.
All volunteers should report to the volunteer table in the lobby of the pool. Enter through the double doors in the round about and the table will be set up just outside the doors to the pool entrance. Please check in at the time assigned on your job spot. They will give you a name badge and directions upon check in. If you have any questions, please ask any of the "Official looking" league volunteers. They are all willing to help.
Please plan to arrive before the scheduled time of your session. The ISC is NOT closing the splash pad or other parts of the building for this event. We expect parking to be limited.
Each session will be run very fast. Kids should be properly fueled and hydrated before their session starts. It is possible that the kids will be either in clerk of course or behind the blocks and not have time to make it back to the tent most of the session. Clerk of Course has 10 rows of 8 swimmers and will continue to line up swimmers as the seats empty.
1. Please have your swimmer marked before arrival.
2. Swimmers should check in to clerk of course, swim and then check in with clerk of course again before heading back to their tent (if there is time.)
3. Please understand that this is a HUGE meet. Swimmers may feel intimidated by the amount of people, the speed of the events, etc. Please stay Calm! It is totally ok if a swimmer is too intimidated to swim (especially our littles). We would rather they watch and learn to enjoy it, than cry and be afraid of it.
4. If your swimmer happens to miss their race, please stay calm. Find a coach to help you. The USA Swim officials will do their best to find an empty lane that they can swim in... if they end up missing their event completely, it is still OK. It happens and we just want them to focus on their next race.
5. Our coaches will be back and forth from the pool deck to the clerk of course and tent. They are available to help keep the swimmers calm and excited and to answer your questions.
6. Restrooms are available in the building near the gym.
In the case of inclement weather, all swimmers and spectators will move inside the building. The ISC has Fire Marshall limits that they must adhere to, so the league will determine if we will be able to continue the meet or need to postpone depending on the number of participants during that session.
If there are any questions or concerns, please respond to this email. We are looking forward to a fun, fast meet!
GO BLUE HERONS!